Insurgency: Sandstorm, is the sequel to multi-million selling Insurgency by developers New World Interactive.
Designed to retain what made Insurgency great, and build upon it, the FPS epic comes enhanced and expanded as a new game in Insurgency: Sandstorm, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will come with the addition of a host of new modes and content to be revealed later, including a new Story Mode. This story is playable cooperatively as a squad of up to four players (two player split-screen) or alone - players will travel as a party cut off from support across a war-torn landscape on a new mission that is deeply personal.
Like Insurgency, the gameplay of Sandstorm rewards teamwork and objective-play over personal success. Players will see new features such as drivable light vehicles, character customization, unlockable cosmetic items, fire support requests, ranked matchmaking, and more.
- Sequel to 3 million unit selling tactical FPS, Insurgency
- Built on Unreal Engine 4 with vastly improved visuals and console support
- Online multiplayer with casual/ranked matchmaking and cosmetic item progression with Steam marketplace integration
- Emphasis on strategic teamplay, with in-game 3D voip
- Full mod support for the PC version including building levels, importing content, creating missions, and more.